Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     Well, it's Wednesday again....And it's one week until Halloween!!I imagine all of your little witches and goblins are super excited about now. Have you been reading Halloween stories? Going to haunted houses? Having parties? The library is having a Halloween party with stories, crafts and fun this Saturday, October 27, at 10:30 a.m.!! Miss Sue will tell some fun Halloween stories and then there will be several craft stations with treats for the kids to visit. Costumes are welcome at this Family Friendly Event!!!
     Janette and I were talking about stories we read our kids the other day and she told me that her favorite Halloween story to read to her children is The Hallo-Wiener by Dav Pilkey. For me and my house, we enjoy Halloween poems. Several years ago in a Scholastic book order we found a Halloween Night poetry book. It has become a well loved favored book. I thought I'd share a couple here with you...

Pumpkins On Guard

Look at all the pumpkin faces
Lighting up so many places.

On the porch and in the yard,
Pumpkin faces standing guard.

Looking friendly, looking mean,
With a smile or with a scream.

Orange faces burning bright
In the cool October night.

How about this one....

Sick or Treat

I got a lot of treats tonight
And I just ate them all.
From candy bars to bubble gum,
My taste buds had a ball.

But now my stomach's doing flips.
Oh what a Halloween.
The Biggest trick from all those treats?
I'm slowly turning green.

Lastly....

I'm Not Afraid

Thank you for the water
And the extra goodnight kiss.
I know it's getting late but first
I have to tell you this.

I'm not afraid of scary things
Thant dance out in the dark.
I'm not afraid of mournful sounds
That make the dogs all bark.

I'm not afraid of closet doors
When they are open wide.
I'm not afraid of drapes and shades
Where shadows like to hide.

I'm not afraid of ghosts and ghouls
That haunt each Halloween.
I'm not afraid of anything
That I have never seen.

I'm not afraid of creaking steps
Or gurgles in the sink.
I'm not afraid of basement groans
(At least that's what I think).

I'm not afraid of all those things
That bump or growl at night.
I'm not afraid of anything_
But please leave on the light.

Enjoy this Halloween and maybe try something spooky to read....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?