Stacey's Favorite Books

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday...

     HI! It's Wednesday AND it's the day before Thanksgiving!!! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Not only do we get to eat tons of awesome food, but we get to spend time with our family and friends! Plus, I was born on Thanksgiving, so that makes it extra special...Then, there's Black Friday shopping...So much to do, so little time.
     Consequently, I'm not reading Iced by Karen Marie Moning very quickly. I will say that I am loving it, though! The main character, Dani, is a 14 year old with a mouth that says whatever she is thinking! Yet, she also is quite grown up for her age due to the walls of Faery coming down and her being a superhero and all :). Dani was mentioned in the other Fever series books, but she wasn't a main character. Now, in this new novel, she takes center stage. It was a little hard in the beginning for me because I had really grown attached to many of the other characters who now are playing more cursory roles so that Dani can be the star. Her conversation style is much younger (she is 14),  but it's very quick. She is going a thousand miles a minute. All. The. Time. Iced takes place in the same world as the other Fever novels, but from a different point of view and after everything that happened in the previous novels.
       I already can't wait because I went to the author's website and I see that she plans on writing 3 novels from Dani's perspective, and then she is going to go back to the point of view in the first 5 Fever novels and combine the two!!! Karen Marie Moning can't write them fast enough!!!
     Don't you just love it when a book is sooo good that you can't put it down and can't wait for the next one to come out!!

     What's your latest favorite read? Share it with us in the comments so we can all find a new one to get hooked on!

1 comment:

  1. Big fan of the Fever series, can't wait to read Iced.

    I absolutely love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich...the lastest in the series, Notorious Nineteen, comes out today!!

    Also a huge fan of the Sookie Stackhouse Series (True Blood on HBO) by Charlaine Harris. The last book in the series comes out on May 7, 2013. I'm sad it's the last book, but excited to read it. It's called Dead Ever After.

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?