Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     Well friends, it's Wednesday again and it looks like snow. So, what are you keeping in your library bag for a snowy day? Maybe you just don't know what to read anymore. This happens to me all the time. I may have a list a mile long, but sometimes it becomes overwhelming and nothing sounds particularly interesting to read. Sound familiar?
     I hope you noticed my form Stacey Suggests...that I put on the blog last week. I'd be happy to help you sort through things you like and new titles you might also enjoy to get you on the path to reading again.:)
     But, if that's not your style, I have another suggestion that you can do at home in your pajamas :). I have finally broken down and got myself an account at goodreads.com.  A library patron actually talked me into it as a way to keep track of all that I read, as opposed to the yearly list I did last year. Plus, as an added bonus, when you rate books you liked and didn't like, this website will give you recommendations based on what you said. Or, if none of those titles trip your trigger, there are lists that other users have compiled and voted on to give you more ideas. You can also just browse by author, title or genre to find new reading loves! If you want to, you can connect your goodreads account to your facebook account and collect "friends" and then see what they are reading or how they rated books to also lead you on your way to reading more.
     The next time you are at your computer in your pajamas, go ahead and start browsing, sign up and "friend" me so we can start getting more ideas in reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?