Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     I think I am getting a little tired of snow. What about you? At least we aren't looking at anymore for a little while now. The lack of nice weather has made me not feel like doing anything. Including reading. I have the second in the Beautiful Creatures series that I am trying to read. I really enjoyed the first one and my daughter says this one is really good, too. I just can't get in to it. I've decided I must have the blahs. What about all of you? Do you have something really good in your library bag right now on this sunny Wednesday? Tell me about it. I need to get inspired.
     It's at times like these that I have found I can reread. When I just can't get into anything, I can pick up an old standby and read and enjoy it. Otherwise, I am always too focused on what's the next new good book out there to read? An old standby for me would probably be a historical romance. It's what I built my love of reading on. Julie Garwood, in particular, is always good. Her novel, The Bride, has all the qualities about a book that I love. There is a big, hunky Scottish male, and a fiesty English female that he is forced to marry and take back to his castle. Their relationship is a battle of wills. His strong and overbearing and her fiesty resistance. Of course, he eventually sees her for the treasure she is, after much fun banter and laugh out loud scenes. Then, they fall madly in love and everything ends happily ever after, the end. Sounds like the perfect cure for the winter blahs to me. How about you?
What sounds good to you? What's your go to book or genre? What do you read to get yourself out of a rut, reading or otherwise? Tell us, so we can continue on this road of reading with new ideas...

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Julie Garwood book is Ransom. Set in the same world as The Bride, but with different characters.

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?