Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     Hi all!! How is your summer reading going? Mine comes and goes. Sometimes I can read a lot, other times, there's just too much going on!:) So, I am wondering what's in your library bag this gorgeous Wednesday afternoon?...I just finished the Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan, Reason to Breathe, Barely Breathing, and Out of Breath. Can I just say, "Wow." It was kinda deep and left me wondering what kind of a mom I was that I thought while I was reading it that it would be okay for my daughter to read about a relationship before I'd suggest this title with the abuse that it includes...
     I've read A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer and I've heard about abuse in the news, so I know that people abuse children...however this book is fiction, reading it, puts you in the mind of the victim a little and you fear and don't understand and hope and everything. And the abuse is not all physical. Parts were hard to read and imagine.
     But that isn't all these books are about. They are also about other relationships in Emma's life, her best friend, boys, her late father and her birth mother. Throughout the 3 books of the trilogy, Emma's life changes from one extreme to the next and you begin to wonder what else could happen to this young woman. But, that is what keeps you reading, so you can finally see how it all turns out.
     Not really my typical read. It was kind of heavy, but a good story that kept me on the edge of my seat guessing what was going on. Now I'm off to find something a bit fluffier!:) Have to have balance in my reading. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?