Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, September 27, 2013

From Our Recipe Box to Yours...

     I don't know why, but little things are always appealing to me, especially where food is concerned. So, when I saw this on Pinterest and linked to the blog Little Bit Funky (http://www.littlebitfunky.com/2011/10/what-i-made-for-monday.html), I knew I had to try them since I have a bag of apples in my refrigerator.

Mini Apple Pies
(This recipe makes 24, but you could easily make 12)

Start by cutting up 8 cups of apples into 1/2 inch bits.
Mix the apples with:
12 T. flour
1 1/2 C. sugar
4 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (depending on how much you like nutmeg. You could also leave it out.)

You will also need:
4 T. chilled butter, cut into 24 equal portions
2 boxes Pillsbury pie crusts, (4 chilled, not frozen)

Make sure you stir everything around, getting the apples nice and coated.Unroll your first pie crust and cut several circles out.Continue this until you have enough crusts. A wide mouth mason jar ring works perfectly. Line each cup of your muffin tin with a tiny pie crust. The gal from Little Bit Funky found that pinching the edge of the dough around the top edge of the tin and making a hammock of sorts worked really well. You can then gently fill the crusts with your apple mixture and push the crusts down the rest of the way. You should be able to fill until slightly mounded.Then take your equally divided butter and put a dab on each pie.Cover as desired with leftover dough. Bush with melted butter and bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes. She started checking on hers at 10 minutes and then every 2 until they were perfect.


Try 'em out! I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd share this since I think I remember you posting you liked pumpkin...I thought these sounded different than anything I've heard of. Although I probably wouldn't make them because I'd probably make a complete mess of it! But hopefully someone will try these and let me know how they turn out...Pumpkin Donut Holes Stuffed with Cream Cheese
    http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/09/pumkin-doughnut-holes-stuffed-with.html

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?