Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, November 8, 2013

From Our Recipe Box to Yours....

Here's one Jillian recently shared with me and I am going to put in the crock pot the next night I will be gone for supper...


TACO SOUP

-Brown 1 lb hamburger as you normally would for tacos (I like to use chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder (not garlic salt!), cumin, etc. You can kind of wing it and make it as hot/mild as you'd like).
-Drain, but don't rinse, once it's cooked and throw it in the crock pot.

In your crock pot add the following: 

-1 can (15 oz) Mrs. Grimes Original Chili Beans
-2 cans (10 oz) Rotel, don't drain these (you can go whatever "temperature" you'd like, I usually just do the Regular kind, but you can go Mild or Hot).  
-1 can sweet corn (drained)
-1 can sliced black olives (optional, but if you're anything like me the more black olives the better)
-1 can El Pato tomato sauce (found in the Hispanic aisle, comes in a yellow can, 7 3/4 oz)
-1 packet of Fiesta Ranch dry mix (found in the salad dressing aisle. You can use Spicy Ranch, too, but I like the Fiesta better)
-1/2 packet of taco seasoning (you could use the other half to brown the meat, I just like to use my own spices)

You can also add in whatever other taco toppings you like (onions, jalapenos, etc). 

Cook on Low all day or High for a few hours.  Top with crunched up Doritos or tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.

Freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?