Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, January 24, 2014

From Our Recipe Box to Yours...

     My children had a late start for school today, so I decided I'd make breakfast. Well, at least a more fun breakfast than I usually serve.:)
     I looked in my pantry for a beer bread mix, but it's a favorite and I was out! I grabbed my Ipad and hit Pinterest. The one I picked was titled Easy Beer Bread. Easy, now that's right up my alley. The recipe, among others, can be found on Pinterest and at the blog www.julieblanner.com/beer-bread/

Here goes....

Easy Beer Bread

3 C. sifted flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. butter, melted
1 bottle of your favorite beer

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients well. Blend in melted butter and beer on medium. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour.

This was really yummy and my kids definitely approved. But, I did notice that when I mixed it, the batter was a bit dry and when I make it again I will either add some more beer or pop or juice or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?