Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, March 21, 2014

From Our Recipe Box to Yours....

     Hi all! It is Friday and it is still Lent. We had a staff meeting this morning and I needed to make treats to share. My signature treat is usually something to do with eggs. So, I went searching for meatless egg casserole recipes. I was looking for something with a little Wow! since it couldn't have meat...

Here's what I made...then I'll tell you what I did.



Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole
(Printable Recipe)

1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 can Grands Jr Butter tasting biscuits (10 count)
6 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
8 oz Velveeta, cubed
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Quarter biscuits and place in pan. Top with cooked sausage, Velveeta and mozzarella. Whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese and biscuits.

 Bake 30-45 minutes, until golden brown.  Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. 


Now...what I did....Instead of using Velveeta, I had a jar of Tostitoes cheese dip in my refrigerator, so I used approximately 8 oz. of that. Then, instead of the garlic powder, I used cajun seasoning and I added about 1 tsp. Then, of course, I left out the sausage. I wanted to add broccoli, but couldn't find any, so I drained a 10 oz. can of tomatoes and green chilies and added that along with some yellow pepper that I cut up and fried in butter first.

I believe everyone here at work agreed that it was quite flavorful and quite good. I will make this again! And maybe even add meat next time:). But, for sure, I'll keep adding the Tostitoes cheese dip! That was my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?