Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     It's my favorite time of year!! It's fall AND Halloween time! I dress up every year with my kiddos. I haven't decided what I'm going to be this year yet, but I'm working on it....

In honor of Halloween and Fall, I have a few poems, I'd like to share.

An Eyeball in My Garden
By William Shakespeery

Oh dear, oh dear, oh double dear!
It simply cannot be!
Between my roses there's an eyeball
Staring up at me.

What do I do, what can i do?
An eyeball's in my garden.
Will it stink and shrink away,
Or will it sit and harden?

And what if Kitty brings it in?
It might attract the ants.
I guess I could just flip it out
Into my neighbor's plants.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh double dear!
Oh, things are not so fine.
I scooped it up and realized
That lonely eyeball's mine!



Come Closer, Closer...
By Shirley Anne Ramaley

So still, I'm waiting.
Come closer, my dear.
You don't see my web,
But I'm over here.

Do you feel afraid?
You've nothing to fear.
Keep flying this way
Until you are near.

Did you say your prayers?
Well, I'm praying, too.
But what you don't know is
I'm preying for you.

Come closer, closer....


Bedtime Story
By Susie Sawyer

"Please tell me the story," the little one said.
"All right," whispered Grandma, "but then, off to bed.
I lived my whole life in this house, as you know,
But someone else joined me a few months ago.
At first I heard voices and noises downstairs,
Then furniture moving, like tables and chairs.
I think there are four of them; two are quite small.
They roam about freely and pass through the hall.
When I am awake, they make scarcely a peep,
But they cause such a racket when I go to sleep!
I've asked them to leave, yet they don't seem to hear.
It's almost as if they can't see me, my dear.
So I have decided to just let them be;
I stay clear of them, and they stay clear of me.
Now, if you should happen to see one someday,
Do not be afraid and do not run away.
Just mind your own business and don't make a fuss.
They're harmless and not all that different from us.
Remember, my dear, Grandma loves you the most.
Now head off to bed. Be a good little ghost."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?