Stacey's Favorite Books

Thursday, September 17, 2015

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?...Thursday edition

     Hi all!! What are you all reading? I've noticed I'm in a bit of a slump these days. I did finish a new Romantic Suspense series by Rebecca Zanetti recently, but haven't really picked anything else up. Unless, you count the biography, "Every Day I Fight" by Stuart Scott, on my bedside table. I'm not normally much of a nonfiction reader, but occasionally, something will catch my eye. It's usually a biography. People's lives intrigue me. I noticed this particular book because, as I was checking it in here at the library, I stopped to read the comments written on the inside cover by a previous reader. They wrote, "I started reading this book and couldn't put it down! It was sad but encouraging. Also Stuart was an amazing person!" After seeing that review, I read the inside cover and decided to give it a try. My first impression after reading a chapter or so was how "readable" this biography was. It flowed nicely, being written very well. It had a cadence that made me want to keep reading on. I'm not big in to sports,  so I didn't have a clue as to who Stuart Scott was, but the writing made me want to discover his story, so I read.
     This particular story about Stuart Scott, doesn't have a happy ending, but it does have a very inspirational message for the rest of us. And let's face it, cancer hits us all and in the end it isn't about how great a life we have, but how great we lived it. I am continually amazed by the strength by which some people live their lives. Scott is no exception. So, even though nonfiction isn't my genre of choice, I found a hidden gem.

     Try stepping outside of your reading box. You might just be glad you did.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?