Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??...

     This week in What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday, I have a confession to make. You all probably realize by now that I don't like to wait on books. This is why I didn't read series for the longest time: I didn't like waiting for the next book because inevitably there would be a slower reader ahead of me and I would have to wait for the next book in the series. Yes, it's true, I could always read another book in between while I waited, but that's not what I want to do. I get a bit obsessive, I must admit.

     Back to what I want to confess. The other thing I've been a bit obsessive about (where reading is concerned) is wanting to read the book. I don't want to listen to the story, I don't want to read it on the computer, ipod, kindle, nook, whatever. I want to touch, feel, and smell the book. That's it. So, what I want to confess is that I finally broke down last week and put the kindle app on my itouch in order to buy the 2nd book in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series that I talked about here on the blog last week. I gave in to technology just so that I could get that book without waiting...

     Now, as you can probably guess would happen, I am hooked! It was so convenient to lay down next to my children when they went to bed and read without having a light on to disturb them or trying to hold a flashlight while I turned pages. If I dozed off, the itouch saved my place for me. Getting it on my itouch was easy and instantaneous. Wonderful! Of course, I have to pay for it, but actually the library has a program called NEIBORS which offers books for checkout to read on your portable reading device. Now, the Kindle doesn't work the easiest for these books, but itunes does offer an overdrive app, the program necessary check out books,  so that you wouldn't have to buy all of the books you wanted to read. But, really, what easier way to take books with you on a long car ride, or plane ride, or vacation, or to a basketball tournament....the list goes on.

    
    If you haven't jumped head first into this century like me, maybe you should check out your options in conjunction with the free books we have to offer. You might decide you like the convenience, too. You might even be able to read from your phone. I bet you can. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?