Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday is here again! I know that it's beautiful outside, but that doesn't mean you should stop reading...just go sit outside to read your favorite books!! That's what I do! You all know that I try to occassionally step out of my box and read something different too, right? Well, this one patron has been telling me how awesome of a writer Suzanne Brockmann is and how she just keeps reading the Troubleshooters series over and over because she can't find another author/series that she likes as well as that one. So, I broke down and checked out Unsung Hero, the first in the Troubleshooters series to try it. I figured if someone likes it that much, I should try it and see what it's all about. I should first tell you that Suzanne Brockmann does write romance, so you know it's not too much of a stretch for me to try this series.
     Back to the book. It is a very modern day romance. One of the main characters is a Navy SEAL who has been injured and is taking medical leave in his hometown of Baldwin's Bridge. While there, he reconnects with a gal that he had a crush on back in high school, cue the romance part. At the same time, Tom's niece is another story line that intersects with Tom's. I hadn't really noticed how much the separate story lines flip back and forth until I was discussing this book with a fellow librarian.
     In other words, there are a couple different story lines going on, but I didn't really notice or find them hard to follow until they were pointed out to me and then I just began to notice more. It really flows pretty seemlessly.
     The best part of the story, in my opinion, is the witty dialoge. I love books with strong, witty females and lots of dialog always makes a book fast, easy and fun to read. There is also a little bit of mystery going on that livens the story up, too, but it is very light.
     Overall, Suzanne Brockmann's Unsung Hero is a good, fun read. Lots of witty dialog in a modern day setting. A nice switch from my regular paranormal reads.
     Go out and try something new, maybe this Suzanne Brockmann, and see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?