Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday...

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?!!! I am still reading the Cassandra Clare series, The Mortal Instruments. I am on book three, The City of Glass, and it just gets better and better. Much like the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning...The first books are good, but the last ones??...Definitely the best and worth the wait. Kind of a catch, you have to read the first ones to really "get" the last ones, but boy oh boy, the last ones in the series out do themselves and make you think you didn't need the first ones to begin with since these are soo good!! If you are a fantasy reader at all, you should enjoy the Mortal Instruments  series by Cassandra Clare!!
     What I really wanted to ask was if you ever read poetry? To yourself or to your children?? I remember being in school and enjoying writing my own poetry, but I don't remember reading much except for Shel Silverstein. I still don't read much on my own, but a few years ago, The Best Loved Poems of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis came out and I received it as a Christmas present. It's a great collection from short Emily Dickinson poems to  verses from the Bible. I really enjoy reading just a few here and there, flipping through until one catches my eye.
    My children especially like to listen to poetry, grabbing the book from me and taking turns reading. We enjoy a lot of Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelutsky along with the selections from Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Even my youngest has his eyes light up when he sees me bring a poetry book in before bed.
     What I'm saying is, check out a book of poetry today and explore the possibilities either on your own or with your children. You'll be glad you did.

A parting poem for you....


Snowball
by Shel Silverstein

I made myself a snow ball as perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet and let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas and a pillow for it's head.
Then, last night it ran away.
But first -- it wet the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?