Stacey's Favorite Books

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     Wowie is it ever hot!!! It's Wednesday (it's actually Thursday, but I thought we'd still talk about what we're reading anyway) and I'm wondering if it's too hot to read or if that means you are spending all of your time inside reading instead of heading outdoors? At. all. I have to say, I haven't read much at all. It's surprising cause I love to read! Maybe it's all the heat; maybe it's just a totally different kind of a rut. I don't know; I've just been hanging out with my kids and being in the sun. Heat or not heat!!
     I did have a customer the other day asking about new authors to read that were like Andy McDermott. So, since I did the research, I thought I'd share with you what I came up with... Andy McDermott writes characters that are ex-CIA, with espionage and high adventure. The name that popped into my head first was Clive Cussler and his Dirk Pitt novels. It's not CIA, but definitely high adventure. Another few are Tom Clancy, Nelson DeMille, and Ken Follet. More good ones to try would include Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, Dan Brown, Harry Turtledove, and James Rollins.
     I hope this list sends you on a new adventure of your own...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?