Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     Hi Y'all! I feel like I haven't written a review in quite some time, so here goes.....What's In Your Library Bag this fine Wednesday??? In my bag for the past week or so has been the Highlander trilogy by Maya Banks: In Bed With a Highlander, Seduction of a Highland Lass, and Never Love a Highlander. 
     Now, it's been quite some time since I've read a historical romance about highlanders, so I guess I was due. This particular genre has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. As I branch out and try new things, historical romance becomes an old standby that I can always fall back on when I don't know what to read. I imagine when you read a lot in a particular genre, they all begin to be predictable and historical romance is no exception for me. But, this is something I depend upon. I know what to expect and I know I will like it.
     There is just something about a rugged Highland Scot that wants to protect his woman and clan at all costs, yet gets all soft when his woman actually has a spine. Cause if the woman didn't talk back and stand up for herself and her man it just wouldn't be as good of a book.
     Maya Banks delivered in spades just what I was looking for! This trilogy is about three brothers whose clan is down on their luck and how three different women turn their lives upside down and save them and their clan in the process. There is a warring clan and sneaky battles in the middle of the night, fighting with swords and brute strength. Their lives are dictated by a King and woman are viewed as property in most of the people's eyes except the hunky highlander main characters. The women come close to dying (as happens in most of this type of book) and by surviving save their men and their clan.
     This was a good comfort read for me. And if you are looking for a great historical romance taking place in Scotland give Maya Banks a try....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?