Stacey's Favorite Books

Thursday, July 3, 2014

What have you been reading?...

     I haven't checked in in a while and I find myself wondering what everyone has been reading this wet, wet summer? I just finished reading one of my all time favorite authors, Laurell K. Hamilton. I read A Shiver of Light, the newest installment of the Meredith Gentry faeries series. I was quite excited because I wasn't sure she was even going to write anymore for this particular series.
     It had been awhile since I'd read a novel about faeries, but I soon got back into the swing of things and remembered all of my favorite characters, from the Queen's Darkness to the Killing Frost, Galen the Green Knight and everyone in between. However, as I kept reading, I was thinking to myself, "This book is quite introspective." She, Merry Gentry, Princess Meredith of Faerie,  just kept talking about love, all kinds of love, and how love conquers all, and how she is just so tired of worrying about her loves...yada yada yada. I know she just had triplets, and having babies changes you, but there was a lot of crying and loving everybody. In previous books, I would have told you that Laurell K. Hamilton, as an author was quite dark and edgey as a writer. And I liked that! No, I loved that! This one, still a revisiting of everything I love about her characters, felt too warm and fuzzy for my tastes. Love's true kiss and all that. So, if you are looking for something a bit softer than her previous style and love the fantasy world of faeries, this is one worth reading. Even as continuation of a series, it's a goody. But, I missed the darkness and edginess of her previous stories. Tell my what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?