Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     Welcome to Wednesday my reading friends! What have you got in your bag this week? I've just finished reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Awesome, awesome book I tell you! I am proof that you shouldn't turn your nose up at something and think you won't like it until you've tried it!! Loved the story! It ended up being more about human character and love in the truest sense than about aliens, anyway. Definitiely one you should put on your To Read list.
     Speaking of a To Read list...I get suggestions of books to read in the oddest places. Maybe it's because I am a librarian. Maybe it's because I love to read. Then again, maybe it's because I like to talk to people. At any rate, while I was waiting for my kids during their swimming lessons, I got to talking to a high school gal that was waiting with her younger brothers. Turns out, she loves fantasy and vampires and werewolves, too!! We chatted a little bit about what we were reading and some things we'd already read and loved. Pretty soon, I had a list of new young adult fantasy titles, I should try. Turns out, I just got a new cell phone and it has the capability of creating a memo and storing it, so I added the titles and saved them right there to my phone. Isn't technology amazing?
     In case you were wondering, the titles were The Need series by Carrie Jones: Need, Captivate and Entice; Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare:City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, and City of Fallen Angels.
     I do have Need by Carrie Jones checked out right now, but we just got the final in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater, Forever, and I've been dying to read it, so that will be my first read. It's another fantasy, this one about, you guessed it, werewolves. Great series you should also add to your To Read lists. You gotta keep a list so you are never without something to read. Being without something to read is just the worst feeling. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?