Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, September 30, 2011

From Our Recipe Box to Yours...

A co-worker brought this to work to share this week and I couldn't stay out of the break room!! YUM!! I thought I'd share too!! So go home and make it this weekend!!


St Louis Gooey Butter Cake (the REAL recipe from Pioneer Woman!!! check out all of her yummy recipes at www.thepioneerwoman.com)

Ingredients:

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix

1 large Egg

1 Stick butter or margarine, melted

8 oz cream cheese, softened

2 large eggs beaten

2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°
Combine, Cake mix, 1 egg and melted margarine or butter.
Press into a greased 9x13 pan with your fingers
Blend, cream cheese, 2 beaten eggs, and powdered sugar until smooth.

Spread over first batter.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are brown.
Dust with powdered sugar on top after cake has cooled
I like to make this a day or so ahead of time, because I actually like it better when it's a day or
two old the gooey center firms up more. (I don't like runny gooey)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?