Stacey's Favorite Books

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thoughts for a Thursday...

I was reading No Rest for the Dead, that mystery book by 26 different authors that I've been talking about...anyway I ran across a word that I was unfamiliar with and I couldn't figure it out from the context it was written in. Wow! That hasn't happened in a very long time. So, of course, I went to the dictionary and looked it up! Here's the word that stumped me and its definition:

sol·ip·sism

[sol-ip-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1.Philosophy . the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist.
2.extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one's feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.
I thought it might be fun to include a word for Thursdays so we can all learn something new...Watch for more to come... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?