Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     It's Wednesday my blog reading friends!! And I'm here to ask you What's in Your Library Bag this Wednesday? I missed last week with the Thanksgiving holiday, but I'm back and ready for your suggestions this week!!
     For whatever reason, I  haven't been reading as much as I normally do, but I did finish the newest Jeaniene Frost book, One Grave at a Time. It was nice to catch up with Cat and Bones again and Ms. Frost added an interesting twist by giving ghosts the ability to take solid form while introducing a new character heading Cat's old team that doesn't like her much as well. Dealing with both of these has Cat and Bones with their hands full. Cat's old best friend, Denise, makes an appearance as a shapeshifting dragon, too. Lots of paranormal, lots of mystery, lots of fun!!
     There is a new book that looks intriguing that I recently placed a hold on: 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I have read Stephen King's biography, On Writing, but I haven't really read anything else of his. I know his writing is kind of fantastical, but seemed kind of weird.... This new one sounds intriguing. Here's a clip about it from goodreads.com...

November 22nd, 1963 was a rapid-fire sequence of indelible moments: Shots ring out; a president slumped over; a race to the Dallas hospital; an announcement, blood still fresh on the First Lady's dress. But what if President John F. Kennedy didn't have to die; if somehow his assassin could have been thwarted? For Maine schoolteacher Jake Epping, those hypothetical what if's become real possibilities when he walks through a portal to the past. Without special skills and still unfamiliar with his new/old surroundings, he struggles to discover a way to change the history he left. Like its Under the Dome predecessor, Stephen King's 960-page novel shows that this master of suspense is back at the top of his game.


Kind of time travel/fantasy, alternate history....I'll try it and let you know....


What are you reading or putting holds on??? Do you have a long list of titles that you want for Christmas?? Chime in and let me know....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?