Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, December 7, 2012

From Our Recipe Box to Yours...

     The other day, I had the opportunity to help judge some decorated office doors at Cedar Valley Friends of Family. They were generous enough to give me a cookbook for helping out. I thought I'd share something fun from their book today and remind you that they are there and that they help a lot of people...

Cinnamon Ornaments for Hanging

1 C. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 C. applesauce

Mix all dry ingredients. Add applesauce, a little at a time until it gets the consistency of play dough. If too dry, add 1-2 T. more of applesauce. Roll out 1/4 inch thick on ungreased surface. If too sticky, sprinkle surface with ground cinnamon. Use cookie cutters to cut into shapes. Air dry 4-5 days. Makes 1/2 - 1 dozen shapes. When wet, use a straw to make hole for hanging. Use a ribbon to hang.


Something fun to do with your kids this holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when my kids come home with these from daycare! They smell so good!! :) And they paint them after they're done...so it's good smelling art on my Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?