Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??

What's in Your library bag today? Me, I'm kinda in between books right now. I have a selection of paperbacks under my dresser for just such an occassion, so presently I am reading The Hellion and the Highlander by Lynsay Sands. It's your typical Scotland warrior English lass romance with the lady being very opinionated and strong willed. I think I must be somewhat this way because I can really relate to the women in these types of stories.

The historical romance genre seems to be making a comeback of sorts and it's always been a favorite of mine, so I was intrigued when I saw this one by Lynsay Sands. She is a popular paranormal romance author and I wanted to see what her historical romance would be like. So far, so good. But, I am a sucker for a strong Scottish Laird who loves his women smart and opinionated. Some other favorite historical romance authors of mine include Julie Garwood (her older stuff - he newer stuff tends to be more mystery/romance, good, but not the same), Jude Devereaux (she actually has written one of my all time favs, but I'll talk about that one another time) and Johanna Lindsey to name a few.

There are lots of historical romance out there. My favorites tend to always involve Scotland with real manly men and women who don't just always do what they are bid. Then again, no matter what genre I am reading, I like strong women characters and manly men. Huh.

What do you like about the books you are reading? Are they graphic mysteries? Maybe they are a totally new world that you like to imagine yourself being in...Maybe you aren't sure what you like and would like to explore that sometime.

Stop in and see me. I'd love to talk about it with you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just read The Legend of Love by Nan Ryan. Not very interesting. Took me 2 weeks. I'm going back to Nora, or maybe I'll read a Sherryl Woods.

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?