Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??....

It's Wednesday again!!! Don't you just love Wednesdays? Not only is it half way through the week, but it's the day we get to talk about what we are reading!! At least I do...Isn't it great?

So, what I am reading right now I am not finished with yet, but I am 2/3 through, so I thought I'd talk a little bit about it. It's the new one by Nora Roberts, The Search. Boy, it's a wonder that woman ever sleeps with all the books she has coming out!! And they all have quite different story lines. She's good.

Back to The Search. I came to work the other day and saw this book in my mailbox and thought, "Huh. I don't remember wanting to read this one, but hey, I need a book and here one is!" I took it home and started in. After the first chapter, I thought, "Wierd. I don't usually read books about dogs, but it seems interesting enough." Now, 300 pages later, I can't wait to see how it all pans out. I've only had an hour a day or so to read, so it's taking me longer than normal. I like to call it savoring the story.

Fiona Bristow, lives on a remote island, Orcas, off the coast of Seattle, and runs her own dog obedience school. She owns three dogs of her own and is a part of a Search and Rescue unit. Throughout the story, she is called out on searches with her dogs and you get to see first hand what it's like. Being a puppy owner myself, I am amazed at how well behaved her dogs are! Then again, this is a fictional story...Fiona is actually a 12 year survivor of a kidnapping and attempted murder which is always in the background waiting.

Through her obedience classes, she meets Simon Doyle, owner of Jaws, an incorrigible puppy. They hit it off in an odd sort of way and their relationship keeps you laughing as the story goes on. I am getting to the point in the story where tension is building because the murders have started again 12 years later...just like before. Is Fiona a target again? The man who kidnapped her before is still safely in prison, so who is behind the murders this time? Will the murderer find her on the remote island where she lives? Will she get away again? What will Simon do? How do the dogs play a part? All these questions and more are yet to be answered....But, Nora Roberts weaves a beautiful story that keeps you turning the pages and wanting to read moreand find the answers. I wouldn't want to tell you the ending anyway, so you'll just have to pick up The Search for yourself to find out how it all ends!!! Hopefully I hooked you all just like Nora Roberts did me! Come on in and check it out!! Of course, you'll have to wait until I am finished, but I'll hurry! *smile* Until next time,


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
AND HAPPY READING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?