Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday???

To all of those people who come through my check out line and say, "No, I can't check out any more books! I have to DO something. I have to clean my house and get ready for company," I always say, "That stuff will still be there when you are done with your book!!" But, in reality, they are right. Shhh. Don't tell anyone I said that. I have noticed that I get absolutely nothing done when I have a good book to read! Because, really, I'd much rather be reading!! Some things do have to get done, however, so I am going to try and not take another book home after I finish this one...Even if there is a new one calling my name in my box right now, but...I have Christmas presents to finish, decorating and baking to do, journaling to catch up on, not to mention the boring cleaning stuff that piles up like no tomorrow!!

In the interest of what's in my library bag, though, I am reading a new book. It's called "i'd know you anywhere" by Laura Lippman. I'd never read a book by her before and this one looked interesting, so I thought I'd give it a try. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. And I am happy to say that I haven't been disappointed. More like, disappointed that my favorite authors aren't writing much, but finding new good books to read just the same.

Back to "i'd know you anywhere"...The story kind of has a feel of Jodi Piccoult. Kind of. Each chapter is a different date or a different point of view that all mesh together to tell the same story. It starts out in the life of a middle aged mom who has just moved back to America from a six year stay in London. She receives a letter from a man on death row who had kidnapped and raped her when she was 15. So, we then flip back and forth between the present and the past to learn what happened and what is happening. Throw in some other characters who play parts in the present and past stories and there you have it. It's intriguing to me to try and imagine what it would be like having someone who had committed a crime against you want to talk with you. How would that feel? Would I be able talk with them? So the book intrigues me...I am not finished, but it is leading to a conclusion of something else happened that night other than what we are told in the beginning...so I must keep reading and find out.

Might be something you'd like...Stop in and I'll help you find what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?