Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??...

Welcome to this week's version of What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??!!! This Wednesday, I'm here to talk to you about vampires...What's there to talk about, you ask. Really, any book with a vampire in it is  quite popular right now. As a result, there are a lot of different takes on the whole vampire thing. Each author treats the idea of vampires quite differently. One author will go on the premise that a vampire is "created" by getting bitten. Another author creates vampires as another species. Still another views vampires kind of as a mixture of both being "created" and being born. Still others, always mix vampires and werewolves in their stories, so you kind of have to like both  to read their books. Depending on what you like, will dictate the authors you read because each has their own unique style.

For myself, I always read strong female leads with the vampires being "created" by being bitten. The reason I like these is because it gives the vampires some more human like qualities since they were humans to begin with and it mainstreams them in society which I like. I have a harder time with vampires being another race that lives separate from humans and they only interact once in a while. So, I don't read those. Some of my favorite authors include, of course, the Laurell K. Hamilton, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series, the Keri Arthur, Riley Jensen Guardian series, the Patricia Briggs, Mercy Thompson series, and sadly, the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series (Yes, I am one of those).

If you don't mind vampires being another race, you might try Christine Feehan's Dark Series, or J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Both are quite popular reads. If you are interested in the paranormal without so much romance involved, I'd recommend Jim Butcher's Dresden Files.

I also was told I should read Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series tonight. And my list gets longer and longer. There are soo many good books out there to read and I'm so far behind, I'll never die!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?