Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday...

     Well, it's Wednesday my reading friends and I'm not reading anything special to talk about. Bummer. I'm waiting on the last book in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. It's currently overdue and I am itching to get my hands on it. UGH!! Case in point: This is why I never read series before. I'm kind of obsessive and once I start a series I want to finish it. I don't want to read other books in between and I am usually a faster reader than whoever is in front of me. I just am.
     But, on the flip side, it has given me time to do some things I always said I didn't have time for...like creating a mailing label list on the computer. (Yes, I still hand write all of my Christmas cards). And I am trying to be more organized with meals to save some stress, so I've been working on that. And I have a New Year's Resolution that I am going to try this year. I've decided that I want to learn something new. At first, I thought I'd learn to play the guitar or relearn my clarinet and then I decided that that might be beyond me right now, so I thought, "Hey. I'm already taking pictures and I got a new camera and I'm always saying that I know nothing about editing photos...and...and...and...And so I am going to learn Photoshop Elements better by editing one photo a week. That's doable, right? And I have a friend is who helping to teach me and also therefore keeping me accountable. I'm not usually very good at resolutions, but this hopefully is doable and something I've been thinking about and of course avoiding so I'm gonna go for it!
     Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Are you able to keep them? I know that Janette usually says she is going to read one more book this year than she did last year....This seems like it would be fun to keep!! I love to read! How about you? Maybe your resolution this year involves losing weight or exercising. The library is initiating a 100 day challenge for exercising this year. If your resolution involves getting fit and healthy, we may be able to help...Head on over to our facebook page and check it out!
     The library can probably help with many of your resolutions!! Even if you don't make resolutions, we are here for you! Stop in and check us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?