Stacey's Favorite Books

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     It's Wednesday. Well, it's actually Thursday, but Blogger obviously didn't save what I typed last night so I am rewriting my thoughts today. So it's now time for What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday(Thursday)?? Today, I have the book Brother's Blood by Scott Cawelti in my bag. That's the recent book written about the Mark Murders that took place in Cedar Falls in the 1970s.
     I am not old enough to remember the circumstances surrounding these murders, but hearing all of the talk and being from the area, I thought I should acquaint myself. Also, the author, Scott Cawelti was a professor at UNI when I was there, so that makes it more intriguing to me. Scott has been visiting a lot of local libraries talking about his book; he was at the Shell Rock Library last week and Clarksville before Christmas...From what I've heard, people have enjoyed his visits and book, learning things they hadn't remembered. I know it includes statements never before released that add to the understanding of the crime...At any rate, I am curious, so when my hold finally came up, I decided to give it whirl and checked it out. I've barely started, only getting as far as the morning of the crime and the background on the investigators...I'll let you know, but maybe you'd like to try it for yourself and see what you remember. Or perhaps, you're like me and just need to be informed. Better yet, maybe your favorite book to read is True Crime!! This is the story for you! Call us and we'll add your name to the list, 319-352-1223!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard that he did not include the investigating officers in the people he interviewed. If that's true, it's a curious omission.

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?