Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     Welcome to What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?? Supposedly, today is the end of our nice weather....we'll see. Either way, it's a good time to start a new book. January is kind of a hum drum month, so what better time to find a new favorite author.
     Have you ever heard of Regency Fiction? I had a patron come in the other day asking about novels that included England and balls with ball gowns, etc. In searching for some books and authors that I knew of in particular, I discovered that this is an entire genre called Regency Fiction.
     Wikipedia gives a good overview here.
     I, personally, have read a fair amount of historical fiction, which is where this genre falls. I liked Amanda Quick and Mary Balogh immensely. Also, within this last year, you know a few of us librarians read Jane Eyre which I believe also falls into this category. Not my favorite, but still a worthwhile read. Another author I thought looked pretty interesting to try was Georgette Heyer.
     Whatever you are looking for, Regency Fiction might satisfy. Stop in to the library and give it a whirl. We'll beat those January HumDrums.

DON'T FORGET THE LIBRARY'S ANNUAL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. BRING IN YOUR 8X10 MOUNTED FAVORITES BY JANUARY 20 AND ENTER TO WIN ONE OF 6 PRIZES BEING GIVEN AWAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?