Stacey's Favorite Books

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book Trailer... Tuesday??? And What's in Your Library Bag Early???

     Oh well, you don't care what day it is, hopefully. You only care that you get your book trailer fix, right? Well, I know you can watch your own book trailers, but it's infinitely more fun to see what might be here each week, isn't it??
     I haven't been reading much lately; can't really seem to get into anything. I had the book Then Comes Seduction by Mary Balogh on my headboard from the exchange shelf for whenever I was desperate for a book and didn't have anything else. Lately, since I haven't been interested much in reading, it seemed to qualify. Anyway, it's an historical romance, more specifically Regency Fiction which is really romance set in Regency England, the time period of balls and the ton and Dukes and Earls and all that. I've read this type of novel before and enjoyed it, however I usually choose Scotland as the setting in most of the historical romance I read. There's just something about a Scottish Highlander that appeals to me...
     The book trailer I have to share today is actually a snippet of the audio book for this particular book, so instead of an overview, you are getting a part of what the audio book sounds like...A new angle to try to hook you into reading/listening to this title.
     I listened to another trailer, an interview with the author and she said something I had never really thought about. She liked her novels, Regency Fiction, to Jane Austen, and Jane Eyre. You may remember that the library ladies read Jane Eyre together last summer. Now, I did finish this novel, but it is not one I would soon repeat. I find this ironic, because I am loving Mary Balogh and Then Comes Seduction. The female lead, Miss Katherine Huxtable, is fiesty and has a mind of her own, going against convention and what the ton may think of her. And the male lead, Jasper Finley, Earl of Merton, is witty and funny and doesn't care at all; he can do whatever he wants, he's an Earl after all. This combination makes for fast, witty repertoire, which I love. And they deny the romance through most of the novel giving quite an air of anticipation, because, after all, you know they will get together in the end. I think that is part of the allure of those type of romance. I don't read them all the time, but they do serve as something I read relatively often.
     So, here it is...give a whirl and see what you think..

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?