Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     Hi. Welcome to the Wednesday edition of "What's In Your Library Bag"? I have something in my library bag, but I am struggling to get into it. I don't know what my problem is. I LOVE to read and the book Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and her daughter Samantha Van Leer has an intriguing plot line. The premise of the story is that characters in a fairy tale are real and that they live their lives in the book and every time a reader opens the pages they must get to their "place"s and "act out" the story as it is read. The prince in this particular fairy tale knows there is more life out there and he is tired of saying the same lines over and over. He doesn't want to go on a quest to free the beautiful princess that he has no feelings for whatsoever. He dreams of another life and a brown haired girl with honey colored eyes. So,right away there is a bit of fantasy that appeals to me and the idea of romance lingers making me want to read on and see what happens. Does he stay "stuck" in his story forever rescuing the princess? Does he find a way out and meet a brown haired honey eyed girl and fall in love? I just haven't been able to get any further into the story as of yet.
     The whole idea that her daughter came up with the idea and they wrote it together appeals to me, too. I love reading and I really enjoy writing, too. If my daughter ends up loving these things, I will be totally excited to share them with her. The idea of them writing a book together is just plain cool.
     Maybe once the excitement of getting back to school and into the groove of things settles down, I'll be able to really dig into this book. For now, it's slow going.
     You should stop in and check it out or try something else new. We'll be happy to help get you on the road to reading....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?