Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     Hi all! Welcome to Wednesday and What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday! I have been reading a whole pile of different titles lately. The most recent one that I wanted to talk a little bit about is called This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith. Janette, another librarian here, had mentioned that she had found this book that had a yellow cover and the word Happy in the title and that was what had intrigued her to read the book. Now, I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but it did encourage her to read it in this case and now I am reading it on her recommendation. So, why not?
     This is What Happy Looks Like is a young adult selection that is a romance of sorts. Interspersed throughout the chapters are email messages back and forth between the two young main characters. The story actually begins with an email being sent to the wrong person and the two main characters meet and an unlikely friendship is born. One of their email dialogues is about the question, "What does Happy Look like?" The girl answers with things like sunrises and walks on the beach. By the end of the story, they share these things together. This inspired me to text my husband and friends and ask what happy looks like to them. I got such fun responses from a night home with my family to me:). What a neat thought. If we all focused on our "happys" in a day, what a nicer day we would all have.
     In the end, there are secrets uncovered and love found; there is heartbreak and sadness and HAPPY, and the author makes you feel it all. Overall, I am glad that Janette picked a book on a whim because of its color! Try it sometime. You might just uncover a real treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?