Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??...

Wowie!! It's supposed to be 50 degrees today!! Can you believe it?? I bet you don't have anything in your library bag today because you want to just be outside in this amazing weather!! I know I do! I do, however, still have The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo in my bag and for some reason I just can't get past the first 20 pages. I was actually afraid that this book might be too intense for me, not the other way around. And I don't think it's because the book is particularly slow. I have just been tired this last week for whatever reason and every time I try to read, I fall right to sleep. It happens. Even to the best of us. So, I don't really have much to report.

I did get another Christmas present this week, though. Funny to get one in February, I know, but, it was a book that didn't print until January and it was sent to me as soon as it printed. Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A Love Story, by Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman is the book at the top of my stack right now and also my late Christmas present. Remember when I talked about The Pioneer Woman and gave you the site http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ and the chocolate cake recipe?? Well, this is the same, crazy, down to earth gal writing the love story of how she and her husband met and hooked up. She actually started this story on her website with weekly and sometimes monthly installments. She ran a contest to name her unlikely love story and so the title Black Heels to Tractor Wheels came to be. She fills in more details in the book and adds the first year of their marriage to the mix for those of you who have been keeping up with the saga online. Most of the romance novels that I read are really fantasy. Who lives in castles and has servants anyway?? But, this story, is really her life, and Ree writes in such a way as to make you look at life and love as entertaining and fun and romantic and all that romance novels are without the fantasy parts.There are hard parts in life and love and Ree points this out, but makes it lighthearted and fun anyway. I am not finished yet, but I find her to be a breath of fresh air.

If you are looking for a modern day take on romance, give it a try. You might just find yourself reminiscing about your own love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?