Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?....

     Welcome to What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday? This week I want to share with you a project I've been working on. I've wanted to do something with favorites of staff members here in the library for a while. I sent an e-mail out a month or so ago asking for everyone's favorite books, authors, genres, etc. I've finally rounded up all but one staff member's lists. Now, what to do with them? Well, first of all I made a display with one of my co-workers, Kate. We put out some of her favorite books, made a poster listing them and then I made a few bookmarks with her favs on them. She was happily surprised that people checked some of her favorite books out the first day!
     Another addition to our New Books area is a "Reader's Advisory" book. I put all of the lists of favorites that I compiled in a three ring binder along with other lists of If you like this author, try these other authors. There are lists on Inspirational fiction, legal thrillers, paranormal romance, Jodi Picoult read alikes, etc. So, now if you are wondering what to read next and are too shy to ask, we have another resource to help you get started. Of course, I'd rather talk to you, but I made this book for times when I can't.

Here's our first Staff Favorites....

Kate’s Picks



Nelson Demille, John Corey series (favorite was the first, Plum Island)


Charlaine Harris, Sookie Stackhouse series


Suzanne Collins, Hunger Games series


The Red Tent by Anita Diamant


Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay


Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah


Shanghai Girls and Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See


“Jeez! My reading choices are so crazy!!”


What are your favorite authors?? Stop in and let's talk about it, so we can find you some new favorites...


Sneak Peak
The library is having their first every Run Your Buns Off 5K in conjunction with the W this year! The date is set for Saturday, June 4, 2011. Mark your calendars...Registration forms coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, this Kate has EXCELLENT taste in books! ;) Thanks for putting this all together, such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?