Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday???...An Interview

It's Wednesday again and this week I thought I'd try something a little different. I recently sent an e-mail requesting all of our staff members to send me a list of their favorite books so I could do a display or some such thing for all of you readers to tap into for reading suggestions.

So, this week, I decided to interview one of our staff and then include their reading list. Up first is Kathy Schaufenbuel, our Circulation Services Librarian. Kathy is the first face you see when you walk in the door. She greets you and makes you welcome. I asked Kathy a few questions this morning and this is what she told me...

Me: What's your favorite type of book to read? Why?
Kathy: Well, I definitely like happy endings. If I wanted anything else, I could just watch the news. I need a good plot and snappy dialogue to keep my interest. If I get bogged down in too much description I tend not to finish the story. I do read different types of books, mystery, regency, historical, but they all have a relationship aspect to them.
Me: So, what is a memory you have that would be connected to reading?
Kathy: I have memories connected to favorite stories that I've read. That's why I have what I call my "keeper shelf" at home. Those good memories are why I reread a lot. I am a fast reader and can always pick up something new from the stories each time I reread them. It's nice to be able to "visit" those characters again and again.


Some of Kathy's favorite reads:

Feehan, Christine - Dark series, Drake Sisters, Game Series...pretty much everything

Roberts, Nora - contemporary romance and just 'sweet'. Bride Quartet
Robb, J.D. - in death series
Howard, Linda - romantic suspense -- Cry No More, or for lighter reads: Open Season and Veil of Night
Garwood, Julie - definitely the historical romances
Devereaux, Jude - Knight in Shining Armor

TOTALLY depends on what mood I am in :) and I still may change my mind :)

Tune in for the next installment in my staff interviews....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?