Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday??....

      Hi blog friends! It's Wednesday again. Boy, it doesn't feel like an entire week has passed already, but I guess it has. I've been elbow deep in painting my house and so haven't had much time to read...I try to always have something, though, because, well, because I love to read. I just happen to fall asleep sooner when I've got so much going on during the day. I did just start a new book, however, that's called "Virals" by Kathy Reichs. It's actually a teen selection and I thought I should read it since I requested that the library get it. So far so good. It's written in a different type of a style than I normally read. The sentences are very short and concise, kind of like journalistic writing. What this does is make the story very fast paced. It feels like I'm flying through the story and the pages which is okay since it keeps my interest. I believe James Patterson writes something like this with shorter sentences and short chapters; making you feel like you are reading faster and or more than you actually are.
     The reason this book sounded so intriguing to me was because this group of teens becomes "infected" by something, perhaps viral, and it changes them. It talked about a "pack," so I assumed perhaps, like werewolves and since I love that type of fantasy, I thought I'd check it out.
     I do browse new books and randomly pick things that sound good, but more often than not, I read books based on things people have suggested to me that they either think I might like, or that they liked sooo much, they think I should read it. Sometimes, they are books that I just can't finish. Other times, as was the case with the Laurell K. Hamilton, Anita Blake Vampire Slayer books, that a patron recommended to me, they become one of my all time favorites.
    How do you find books that you like to read? Do you read things that friends tell you to read or perhaps you like to browse Amazon or the new books shelf here at the library? Let us know so we can all find some new favs....

1 comment:

  1. I killed two birds with one stone this afternoon - walked to the library (excercise)and I got some new reading material (kills time)... The best way to find new reading material is by word of mouth - someone always has a good book that they are just ready and willing to talk about !

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?