Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, March 30, 2012

From our recipe box to yours...

     So, I am finding that in order for my family to eat a decent meal these days,  we either a. need to eat out, b. have someone else cook it, or c. plan ahead and use the crock pot. Today I picked C. and this is what I made...


Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham


8-10 potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 pkg. cubed ham
1/2 stick butter
1/4 C. flour
2 C. milk
Shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
Onion Flakes
Parsley, to taste


Peel and slice potatoes. Make a white sauce by melting butter. Remove from heat and stir in flour. Put back on low heat and stir in milk, removing all lumps. Keep stirring on low heat until sauce thickens. Layer potatoes, salt and pepper and parsley, ham, shredded cheese and sauce in crock pot. Set on low and cook for 6 hours. Voila!! Supper!!


Next time I might choose A., but for now, I'm going with C. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?