Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?

     What a wonderful Wednesday afternoon!! Can you believe it's 70+ degrees outside?!! I love it!! Have you been reading lately? Or are you getting out and enjoying this weather while we have it?! I've been doing both, but that usually means I am tired because I stay up to read, but oh well. I finished another good book. I read the second in the Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh O'Brien, Prized. What a great second book!  The first book, Birthmarked, was about a gal who broke away from a dystopian society called the Enclave to be thrown into yet another dystopian society in the second novel, Prized. The first one was run by men and the second run by women. What an interesting twist to throw in and I can't wait to see what she throws at me for the third one!! Dystopian type novels are really big for young adult fiction right now and I've read several from the Hunger Games, to Divergent, to Birthmarked and Matched. This isn't my typical style of reading, but I've really enjoyed these novels.
     But, those books aren't what I really wanted to talk about. I wanted to give you another new idea to try. I've been getting books for my mother in law lately, and she has come to really love books with the idea of community in them. This has been somewhat of a challenge for me as I haven't read many of this type myself. Although, checking these books out for my mother in law makes me notice whenever another patron is checking one out so that I can get new ideas. I thought I'd list a few here that I've found in case you might like to try one....

Robyn Carr - Virgin River Series & Grace Valley, California Series
Susan Wiggs - Lakeshore Chronicles
Jennifer Chiaverini -Elm Creek Quilts
Jude Deveraux - Edilean series
Hope Ramsay - Last Chance series
JoAnn Ross - Shelter Bay Series
Debbie Macomber - Cedar Cove Series & Blossom Street Series
Ann Ross - Miss Julia Series

Try one, you might like it!! Never know until you pick one up and start reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?