Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday...

     Happy Wednesday Blog Readers!!! You know what that means....Right! What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?? I am still reading Virals by Kathy Reichs, that teen selection I told you about last week. It's kinda long and I haven't had tons of time to read, but I'm still enjoying it. The only thing I have to add so far is that there are points in the story where as an adult reader you go, "Oh that was very high school. Been there done that, don't want to read about it." But, the overall story is keeping my interest; actually it's starting to get really good as they have "contracted" something that changes them and they have yet to figure out what it is...The teen moments are few and far between, so I am not really put off by it, but it's something to keep in mind when choosing another book to read. I also read the Twilight series and the few teen moments in that novel just made me laugh and I felt like they didn't spend a whole lot of time addressing the high school issue in that series. But, to each his own. I know some adult readers who just love teen reads.
    
     Hopefully, you have noticed the new features I've added to the blog to give you some more ideas and help choosing your next favorite book. There are two new websites, New York Times book review and Book Page for you to visit and browse their ideas. Plus, the book shelf across the top is full of some of my favorite books. If you hover over the cover of each it will show you a little mini review I created for them. Keep checking back as I will change these titles from time to time to keep your reading interests alive.

     In other news, a few of us librarians are going to attempt to read and discuss Jane Eyre together. We plan on a discussion of sorts to be included here and on Facebook. So, be sure and watch for it and chime in with your thoughts. In the end, we'll watch one of the versions of the movie together, too! We got to talking and decided that we needed to tackle a classic and figured why not do it together?! I want to include in here so that any of you could join in or maybe peak your interest for reading a classic sometime, too. I am excited and apprehensive at the same time...I'll keep you updated...

Until next time...Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever told you...but I'm in. Why not?? It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?