Stacey's Favorite Books

Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday...I'm late...which isn't particularly unusual, but I feel bad just the same.

Welcome to Wednesday (it's actually Thursday now) and What's in Your Library Bag!!
     You all know that we, the library ladies, are trying to read the classic, Jane Eyre, together. As I've been quite busy lately, all I am getting through these days is about 5 chapters a week. So, I thought I'd use this time to do a quick little review of an old favorite, A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux.
    Just thinking about this book makes me want to read it all over again. It is a classic tale of a love that lasts throughout time. Jude Devereaux writes historical romance with strong willed female characters that sometimes make you laugh out loud they seem so modern in the midst of 1500 Scottish lairds. Oh yes, this novel has a handsome Scottish Laird in it. Yes, it does. Said Laird, actually "hears" Dougless Montgomery weeping across time and is "pulled" to aid her in her hopelessness and quest for true love. They are instantly drawn together by whatever forces conspired to put them together and what follows is a love story that finds its completion in a round about, but very satisfying way.
     Dougless must first learn that she is strong on her own and generous and kind and worthy of love. Then she must realize that she has found love.
    In the storyline, Ms. Devereaux, after having brought this handsome hunk of a Scottish laird through time, then sends Dougless back in time so that she can prove herself. This puts the two together under totally different circumstances.
     When the quests have been fulfilled, Dougless is back in her time and Nicolas, the Scottish Laird is back in his and what happens in the end will leave you smiling right into your next good read. But, you'll have to read it to find out what it is.
     I love fiesty strong willed female leads. I love handsome Scottish lairds. I love time travel. I love great dialogue. I love me a good love story.
     Try this Jude Devereaux novel, A Knight in Shining Armor and see if it moves you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?