Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, June 10, 2011

From Our Recipe Box to Yours....

I tried this recipe this week on my day off. The kids and I really enjoyed them. It's a recipe from another librarian here. They were good with syrup but would have been really yummy with bananas and whipped cream!! Try some this weekend...
Oatmeal Pancakes

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. quick oats
1 T. white sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. buttermilk
1t. vanilla
2 T. vegetable oil
1 egg



Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
Cook on a warm, oiled griddle or frying pan until both sides are browned. Serve with butter and syrup.
The batter comes out kindof thin, but sets up really well. I didn’t have to add any more flour. And I really liked that i could just pour them from the blender to the pan.


The Hunger Games Event for ages 8 to 18 was moved due to the rain. It will be held next Thursday, June 16th, 8:30 p.m. here @ the library!! Come and try out your "survival skills"! Free event. No registration necessary.



1 comment:

  1. you must really dig my cooking. :) I've seen several of my recipes on here...the nice thing is, when i forget where I put them at home, I can just come here and find them again. :)

    Glad you like them...they're a favorite here.

    And we always use the buttermilk substitute (1 scant cup milk and fill to the cup line with white vinegar) , because I can just never remember to buy it!

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?