Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday? What?!! It's Wednesday again already?? Where does the time go? I do not know, but I am finally reading something that I really like again. I am reading Hit List, by Laurell K. Hamilton, part of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. I put a book trailer about it up here on Monday and have been reading reviews on Amazon about it. Sadly, it's not getting very good reviews. I was disappointed and not going to buy the novel this time...But, my husband reminded me that just because someone else doesn't like something doesn't mean that I won't. So true. I am a Laurell K. Hamilton fan and I remain a Laurell K. Hamilton fan.
     This particular book in the series is maybe a little less graphic and edgy, but the storyline, characters and plot are all still there. For me, reading her novels is like putting on a favorite, ratty, old sweatshirt and cuddling up to a fire, it's so comfortable and familiar.
     I visited with a library patron the other day and she went to see Laurell K. Hamilton in person in Cedar Rapids last week. She mentioned how she thought that Anita was modeled after the author; body types the same, etc. And how Laurell Hamilton wasn't really what she had expected. Who ever really is? One part of our conversation that stuck out was how Laurell Hamilton had said that she doesn't have a finale to the series planned yet. She doesn't see an end to Anita and her stories. Wow. She just finished writing book #20 and she doesn't see an end. So, all you Anita fans out there, don't worry, you just have to wait another year or so for your next Jean Claude fix. Personally, I can't wait and will probably start to reread some, just because.
     How about you? Do you get so into your books that you feel you really know the characters? Or do you devour them quickly and move on to the next story, the next book, not really getting attached to a particular author or storyline?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?