Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     What's In Your Library Bag Wednesday Reading Friends?! I've been looking for something good to read ever since I finished Jane Eyre. My husband suggested that I try something "out of my box" this time. So, I am actually trying a new author, but I will admit that the book is not really out of my box. Still, it is a new author...
     I am reading Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. It's about werewolves. The main character, Elena, is the only female werewolf. She became a werewolf by being bitten, hence the title, and surviving. Most females never survive the bite and the change into a werewolf. Throughout the novel, Elena fights against her nature; the love of her life; her circumstances; what might have been, etc. There are moments where she is so caught up in something else she doesn't worry about what ifs, and then she is truly happy. I haven't finished the novel yet, but I am guessing in the end she comes to terms with it all and settles into the Pack. For now in the story, outsiders are threatening the Pack and their way of life and she must forget about her life in the "human world" and help the Pack overcome and survive.
     One interesting difference in this novel as compared to other werewolf novels that I've read is that the author actually describes what it feels like to change into a werewolf and how the werewolf body feels and how its mind thinks. Kind of different. Kind of interesting. I've been able to look past the parts where they kill a rabbit or deer and eat it...as wolves do kill and eat meat.
     Bitten is an easy and quick read with a little different take on the idea of werewolves than most of the other authors I've read. It's a new novel worth a try.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?