Stacey's Favorite Books

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's in Your Library Bag Wednesday?...

     Welcome to a wet Wednesday!!! What a perfect day to have a bag full of books by your side!! So, what is in your library bag this Wednesday???
     I must say that I have reason to celebrate!! I finally finished reading Jane Eyre! It's about time. In my defense, I moved and cleaned up an old house and finished a new one in that time, but really, that book took me waaayy too long to read. Whenever anyone would ask me what I was reading, I'd respond, "I'm slogging through Jane Eyre right now." And it wasn't a terrible book; it was just slow and it felt like slogging to me. Whenever we would talk about it here at work, one of my coworkers would remind me about the time period that the book was written in and about Jane's age, her being a teenager, in the book. Because, there is a lot of drama in the story and teenagers are usually surrounded by drama, but I just don't normally read that type of story. When I put it in perspective like that however, it becomes a better story. It does have a rather unexpected, yet happy ending which makes some of the "slogging" worth it. It's just hard to imagine, having been raised in a time where women are fighting for equality rather than just to be heard and noticed as people, how ground breaking the author and story really were.
     My reading style is more of a tell you all about how good of a story it was and why you should read it rather than critiquing the writing or what was going on in the time period. So, for an unlikely and poor heroine to find love and rise above difficulties the story is a winner.
     For me and what I am going to read next, I am on the edge of my seat excited that Laurell K. Hamilton has another installment to her Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, coming out this month!! Go vampires, werewolves and fantasy!

Happy Reading All!! Tune back in later for a review of the movie, Jane Eyre as compared to the book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?