Stacey's Favorite Books

Friday, June 3, 2011

From Our Recipe Box to Yours...Copy Cat Subway Chicken Salad

I had this sub at Subway today and it was yummy!!! But, unfortunately it is only seasonal, so I looked up a recipe so that I could make it myself whenever I wanted and I thought I'd share it with you here...

Copycat Subway® Orchard Chicken Salad Sub

Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins Servings: 4
"I found this recipe when I was looking for this recipe or one close to it. I tried this at Subway and really liked it. Subway always uses light Mayo. In this recipe the salt and pepper are optional. Use more or less mayo to suit your own taste and the same with the fruits. I like to add a few more fruits. There is no cook time unless you are cooking your chicken for this recipe. I use left over or canned."


Ingredients


3 cups red apples, chopped small 1/2 cup sliced celery, diced small 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into small cubes 1/4 cup golden raisins ( to your taste) 1/4 cup dried cranberries ( to your taste) 3/4 cup mayonnaise ( or enough to taste) 1/2 teaspoon celery salt salt and pepper lettuce, shredded 2 (6 inch) rolls sliced tomatoes (optional) sliced red onions (optional) cheese slices, your choice (optional) Directions


In a medium bowl toss apples, celery, raisins, cranberries and chicken.


Season with celery salt, salt and pepper to taste and mix.


Stir in mayonnaise.


Slice a 6 inch roll in half.


Add 2 heaping tablespoons chicken salad to bottom slice of roll and spread.


Add your toppings.


DON'T FORGET TO HAVE YOUR KIDDOS START READING FOR THE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM AND ATTEND AN EVENT NEXT WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8 HERE @ THE LIBRARY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?